The South Burnett Express Rail Trail Relay is packed full of fun, teamwork and amazing countryside.
We are all about the fun of long-distance relays and think of no better location than the historic Rail Trail near Kingaroy.
The race has been run annually since 2021 and seen the field grow ! Save the date – we are looking to hold the 2023 Relay on April 30. Watch this page for details or follow us on our socials!
How it all works…
- Teams of up to 8 battle it out over 60km (Kingaroy to Wondai and return).
- Each team will have someone run each leg, they will then tag the next person etc.
- The race will be divided into two phases. Phase 1 is Kingaroy to Wondai and Phase 2 is Wondai to Kingaroy. Phase 2 will commence at 10am (so even if your team still has runners on the course at 10am, you will be required to have someone start Phase 2. Our timing system will adjust for all of this)
- The team in each category with the quickest overall time is the winner (Womens, Mens and Mixed categories).
- For safety, each team will have a support rider (who can also be a runner in the team) who ride with their runner.
- We have a welcome dinner the night before the race. It’s a great opportunity to be social with all teams while enjoying your evening meal.